I have presented my research at the major international medieval conferences at Leeds and Helsinki, as well as at the International Saga Conference. I have also spoken at smaller conferences and research seminars in Belgium and abroad.
- “Auðr/Unnr djúp(a)uðga Ketilsdóttir: Cultural memories of the foremother figure in Icelandic literature”at the Symposium Gender and Sexuality during the Nordic Middle Ages in Stockholm, Sweden. September 2017.
“Íslands kvennalof: Cultural memories of Viking-age women in 18th-century praise poetry” at the 18th Viking Congress in Copenhagen and Ribe, Denmark. August 2017.
- “Letters in the margin: Female provenance of Laxdæla saga manuscripts on Flatey” at the 16th Saga Conference Sagas and Space in Zürich, Switzerland. August 2015.
- “What’s in a name? An exploration of Auðr/Unnr djúp(a)uðga’s bynames in Icelandic literature” at the Doktorand-Workshop in Ghent, Belgium. April 2015.
- “Tracing the textual trails of Auðr/Unnr djúp(a)uðga: Cultural memory and female Viking-age identity” at the Medieval Seminar Series in Ghent, Belgium. March 2015.
- “The representation of Auðr djúpúðga Ketillsdóttir in medieval and post-medieval Icelandic literature” at the PhD workshop Comparing the Medieval North in Århus, Denmark. April 2014.
- “Violence-motivated far-travel — The case of Auðr djúpúðga” at the International Medieval Congress in Leeds, UK. July 2013.
- “The never ending story of Aud/Unn the Deep-Minded Ketilsdóttir: Cultural memory and religious identity” at the 15th Saga Conference Sagas and the uses of the past in Aarhus, Denmark. August 2012
- “A remarkable woman: Painting a picture of Auðr djúpúðga Ketilsdóttir or Aud the Deep-Minded” at the International Conference Taking care of body and soul in Helsinki, Finland. June 2011.
- “Auður nam öll Dalalönd [ok] gaf land: de ‘vrouwelijke’ kolonist in Landnámabók en de Íslendingasögur” at VOG Oudgermanistendag in Ghent, Belgium. May 2011.
- “De heksenkoningin in het Hoge Noorden: een casestudie rond gender, machte, etniciteit en zwarte magie in Egils saga Skalla-Grímssonar en Hrólfs saga kraka” at VOG Oudgermanistendag in The Hague at the Huygens Institute, the Netherlands. May 2010.
- “Conflict tussen historiciteit en literaire vrijheid: Problematiek en gebruik van Oudnoordse teksten bij de schildering van Auðr djúpúðga Ketilsdóttir” at the Vlaamse Doctorandidag voor Mediëvisten organized by VWM and the Henri Pirenne Institute in Ghent, Belgium. May 2010.